We are excited at Mando-Connect be celebrating our 2nd birthday today! Thank-you so much to everyone who has supported, advised and helped us to make our first 2 years such a wonderful success.
Before we celebrate in style, we wanted to take a moment to take a step back and celebrate our favourite things from our 2 year rollercoaster so far.
So here we go….
1. It’s our brilliant team. Every single one of us is dedicated to making this business a success and it’s such a privilege to work with such a talented bunch who look out for and support each other so much – at work and at play. Thanks to our amazing CEO, Becky Munday, who has supported, challenged and helped us every step of the way. And to the brilliant Mando team who have welcomed, helped and supported us from day one.
2. And where we would be without our clients and partners, each and every one of whom shares our passion for great work that is right, good and founded on robust insight, mixed up with a healthy dose of creativity and innovation. We have absolutely smashed our founding targets of working with clients we love and we still have to pinch ourselves when we look at our portfolio and see brands like TK Maxx, Domino’s, Vodafone, British Gas, AccorHotels, Sky, ODEON, Coppafeel!, The Times, The Telegraph, NIO, Merlin and Tenpin on the list. Thank-you for having faith in us!
3. Next up it has to be the brilliant agencies and WPP teams who’ve helped us along the way. Thank-you to Ogilvy, Wunderman, Wavemaker, Mediacom, JWT, Geometry and the brilliant integrated WPP teams who’ve helped us add partnerships to their clients’ strategic agendas. Not to mention the brilliant Wise Marketer, Loyalty Magazine, The Drum and Marketing Week editors and journalists who’ve been such amazing supporters.
4. And to the Data… We founded Mando-Connect because we thought that data led partnerships were the right way to do it. Our incredible partnership with YouGov, which led to us publishing the biggest study into what the Brits think of loyalty last year, continues to grow and grow. We now have access to what over 300,000 people think and do, and it’s invaluable to our approach. When we then overlay the Mando ProNet data on what actually works, and our little black book of over 3,000 brands in our Connect Partner Bank we feel we’ve got an amazing and unique artillery of insight. Not to mention everything in the WPP universe too. We love our data!
5. Lastly it has to be all the hilarious, brilliant and crazy moments that we’ve experienced on this mad journey. The things that, until you found an agency, you never see coming… from naming ourselves in a pub over a pint with a mate (thanks!!), to interviewing people at 11pm in our pyjamas, to having to do an entire pitch from memory as the laptop died (and winning it), to playing Russian roulette with the temperature (boiling or freezing) and the Wi-Fi in our first “office”, to celebrating with warm white wine in plastic cups on trains, to nearly getting hit by idiots playing darts in the shared area at work… and more. So many great moments!
Here’s to being 2! Thanks again to everyone who’s made it such a success, and here’s to the next year and even more brilliant data-led partnerships.